Friday, May 10, 2013

House Pictures

 It's been 2 years since I last made a post, and it was pictures of our last NC house. This post is pictures of our latest house since everyone in my family keeps asking to see.  My nesting instincts have given me the extra motivation to finally get pictures, decorations, and curtains hung.  After moving and kids, I got sick of buying new furniture that almost immediately gets damaged, so we have started building our own pieces of furniture, so I'll point out the projects we've done. Poor Tyler is ready to be done with my never ending list of weekend projects I wanted to accomplish before the baby comes. We pretty much live in the exact same house as far as the layout, but it's not the same house as the last post! We live about 40 minutes from our last house, and we love living in this location SO much better.

Our Great Room
 
We built the entertainment center and console table. The entertainment center was our first project and is definitely very far from perfect, but at least I don't have to freak out anytime Grayson is banging toys or driving cars across it!
 The Nursery
I decorated the nursery around that blanket that we made at a baby shower back in Utah. The colors didn't all turn out exactly the way I wanted, but at least the nursery is decorated and ready! The bench is all handmade. I'm not a sewer AT ALL, but I managed to get a cover sewn for the cushion. Hopefully no one looks too close!


We also built her dresser and the crates on the bottom shelf. Notice Grayson's painting for baby sister's room. He is very proud of it! And yes that is our printer and router. This was originally the office and we didn't want to have the wireless all set up again somewhere different.
 Grayson's Room
I wanted a chalkboard wall for Grayson's room so bad, but since we don't know how long we'll be here, I didn't want to bother painting and then having to repaint.  So we build him this chalkboard.


Old Yankee stuff of mine that I've never used finally got put to use in his room.


We built his platform bed which is probably one of my favorite projects. I love that its so low to the floor!



I bought this table off craigslist and refinished it months ago, but I've yet to do anything about chairs.



 
Master Bedroom
We (mostly Tyler) built these nightstands.


This is our bonus room that acts as our storage space. We had to move office stuff up here to clear up a room for the nursery downstairs.  We hardly come up here and don't even turn the air or heat on.
 Guest Room/Bathroom
This is right by our bonus room, and it never gets used except with the occasional visitor.



We also made the headboard for this bed.

2 comments:

Tausha said...

I FINALLY remembered to look at this. I think maybe you shouldn't have shown me how talented you guys are because now I am thinking of all the things I want to build when you come for a visit. jk-sort of;)

Tausha said...

Seriously though, I love what you did. I LOVE it all!