Here is a picture of me in front of a giant peanut. It was actually 80 degrees during the day, but at night with the humidity, it really starts feeling cold.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
National Peanut Festival
Southeastern Alabama produces 50% of the nations peanuts, so it's a pretty big deal down here, and every fall they have a national peanut festival to celebrate the harvesting of peanuts. In my classroom we did a peanut project where they students are doing activities all week to learn about peanuts. Even though Tyler is gone, I still wanted to attend this anticipated event so I went with Karri and Segrid, my friends from work. It was a lot of fun, and I was able to experience a little more of the South with all of their fried and smothered food. I had a ribeye sandwich, roasted corn on the cob, boiled peanuts, double dipped peanuts, kettle corn, fried snickers, and elephant ears (which I call a scone).
Here is a picture of me in front of a giant peanut. It was actually 80 degrees during the day, but at night with the humidity, it really starts feeling cold.

Here is a picture of me in front of a giant peanut. It was actually 80 degrees during the day, but at night with the humidity, it really starts feeling cold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
looks like fun! I wish i could've been there! I love peanuts!
Post a Comment